Review important 2nd grade math standards and skills with these hands-on and ENGAGING math center activities! These spring-themed centers include 10 different math activities targeting second grade standards such as counting & comparing coins, multi-step word problems, arrays, 3-digit subtraction with regrouping, shape attributes, writing numbers in expanded and word form, fractions and more! Activities include differentiated versions to help you set up your math workshop time with ease! Looking for a fun center ideas for Easter and Spring? These will be a class favorite during Math Workshop!
(Color + B&W Version of all activities!)
Subtraction with Regrouping True/False Sort: Students will look at each subtraction with regrouping equation . They will determine if the equation is true or false and place the card in the correct bag. Includes a set with 2-digit equations and a set with 3-digit equations. (24 task cards each)
Fraction Puzzles: Students will match the shaded figures with the correct fraction. (24 task cards)
Comparing Coins: Students will use the greater than, less than, and equal to symbols to compare both sets of coins. Includes a set with coins on both sides and a set with coin names on one side. (24 task cards)
Equal Groups Matching: Students will practice the concept of multiplication by matching the equal groups with the correct multiplication sentence and/or “___ groups of ___” phrases. Includes a set with multiplication sentences and a set with equal groups phrase. (24 task cards)
Clip the Shape Attributes: Students will clip all of the attributes that match the shape. Includes questions about number of sides, vertices and names of shapes. (Quadrilateral, pentagon, hexagon, octagon, etc.) (12 task cards)
Array Matching: Students will record the correct repeated addition or multiplication sentence with each array. (24 task cards)
Number Patterns: Students will find the missing numbers in the patterns. They can either write in the number using an expo marker or use velcro dots to stick the missing numbers on. Includes a set with 3-digit numbers and a set with 2-digit numbers. (24 task cards each)
Multi-Step Word Problems: Students will solve two-step word problems. (Addition & Subtraction) Includes a set with multiple choices and without. (24 task cards)
Spin & Add: Students will spin the spinner to create three 2-digit numbers and add. Laminate the mat and use over and over!
Number Puzzles Students will match the numbers with the correct word form and expanded form. Includes a set with 3-digit numbers and a set with 4-digit numbers. (24 task cards each)
Direction sheets, task card box covers, response sheets, and answer keys are included for all activities!
Check out the other monthly centers!
- CCSS2.MD.C.8 Solve word problems involving dollar bills, quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies, using $ and ¢ symbols appropriately. Example: If you have 2 dimes and 3 pennies, how many cents do you have?
- CCSS2.NBT.A.1 Understand that the three digits of a three-digit number represent amounts of hundreds, tens, and ones; e.g., 706 equals 7 hundreds, 0 tens, and 6 ones.
- CCSS2.NBT.A.2 Count within 1000; skip-count by 5s, 10s, and 100s.
- CCSS2.NBT.A.3 Read and write numbers to 1000 using base-ten numerals, number names, and expanded form.
- CCSS2.NBT.B.5 Fluently add and subtract within 100 using strategies based on place value, properties of operations, and/or the relationship between addition and subtraction.
- CCSS2.NBT.B.6 Add up to four two-digit numbers using strategies based on place value and properties of operations.
- CCSS2.OA.A.1 Use addition and subtraction within 100 to solve one- and two-step word problems involving situations of adding to, taking from, putting together, taking apart, and comparing, with unknowns in all positions, e.g., by using drawings and equations with a symbol for the unknown number to represent the problem.
- CCSS2.OA.C.4 Use addition to find the total number of objects arranged in rectangular arrays with up to 5 rows and up to 5 columns; write an equation to express the total as a sum of equal addends.
- CCSS2.G.A.1 Recognize and draw shapes having specified attributes, such as a given number of angles or a given number of equal faces. Identify triangles, quadrilaterals, pentagons, hexagons, and cubes.
Read Before Purchasing:
All files are DIGITAL download files in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat to access this resource. Once you purchase, you will be prompted to a page where you can download your file(s). You will also receive an email with a link to the downloadable file(s). Additionally, you can access your files at any time by visiting the ‘My Account‘ section.
Have other questions? Check out the FAQ page for questions about downloads, editable files, printing, and more!
Join the Sweet Teacher Community!