Review reading, language, and grammar skills each morning with these fall-themed bell ringers. The possibilities are endless! Morning work resource includes 12 weeks of activities and targets third grade and fourth grade ELA standards. (Can also be used to review 5th grade skills!) These upper elementary ELA morning work activities are the perfect way to help your students start off the school day. This resource can also be used to review previously learned skills during small groups, test-prep season, or reading centers.
The activities are fall-themed focusing on topics such as Halloween, autumn, Thanksgiving, football season, and more!
This resource is a BUNDLE that includes the PRINTABLE & DIGITAL versions of the Fall-themed ELA morning work.
Common & Proper Nouns
Abstract & Concrete nouns
Parts of Speech
Types of Sentences
Writing Short Stories
Good Vs. Well
Subjects & Predicates
Simple & Compound Sentences
Prefixes/ Suffixes/ Root Words
Synonyms & Antonyms
Comparative vs. Superlatives
When you download the GOOGLE DIGITAL RESOURCES, you’ll find:
Teacher Directions- (extremely easy and requires no prep!)
- Step by Step instructions on how to download and make a copy of a Google Slide.
- Step by Step instructions on how to assign Google Slide assignments to your students.
- Step by Step instructions on how to assign on Google Classroom.
These slides are compatible with Google Slides and/or Powerpoint. All of the slides are interactive with drag and drop features or fill-in-the-blank!
How this resource can be used:
+ To start off the day
+ Quick review before reading block
+ During independent centers
+ Small-group practice
+ Early Finisher activity
- CCSSRI.3.2 Determine the main idea of a text; recount the key details and explain how they support the main idea.
CCSSL.3.4b Determine the meaning of the new word formed when a known affix is added to a known word (e.g., agreeable/disagreeable, comfortable/uncomfortable, care/careless, heat/preheat).
- CCSSRI.3.3 Describe the relationship between a series of historical events, scientific ideas or concepts, or steps in technical procedures in a text, using language that pertains to time, sequence, and cause/effect.
- CCSSRI.3.5 Use text features and search tools (e.g., key words, sidebars, hyperlinks) to locate information relevant to a given topic efficiently.
- CCSSL.3.1 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
- CCSSL.3.1a Explain the function of nouns, pronouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs in general and their functions in particular sentences.
- CCSSL.3.4 Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases based on grade 3 reading and content, choosing flexibly from a range of strategies.
- CCSSL.3.4a Use sentence-level context as a clue to the meaning of a word or phrase.
CCSSCCRA.L.1 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
Read Before Purchasing:
All files are DIGITAL download files in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat to access this resource. Once you purchase, you will be prompted to a page where you can download your file(s). You will also receive an email with a link to the downloadable file(s). Additionally, you can access your files at any time by visiting the ‘My Account‘ section.
Have other questions? Check out the FAQ page for questions about downloads, editable files, printing, and more!
Join the Sweet Teacher Community!