Third grade printable worksheets are perfect for early finishers, morning work, math and literacy center activities, homework, or review! These January themed worksheets include activities targeting 3rd grade literacy, grammar and math standards. If you’re looking for printable activities that require zero prep for teachers, but are fun and engaging for students, you’re in the right place.
Context Clues: Multiple Choice and Fill in the Blank
Author’s Point of View
Main Idea & Details
Context Clues: Fill in the Blank and Matching
Singular Possessive Nouns
Plural Possessive Nouns
Parts of Speech
Comparing Two Texts
Reading Text Features
Past Tense Verbs
Adjectives vs. Adverbs
Writing Descriptive Sentences
Poetry: Figurative Language
Simple Subject & Predicate
More & Most
Writing Prompt: What is one of your goals for the new year?
Multiplication Word Problems
Multiply 3 Numbers
Division Word Problems
Area & Perimeter
Add & Round
Fractions: Word Problems
Least to Greatest
Fractions on a Number Line
Lines of Symmetry
Two-Step Word Problems
Find the Missing Length
Liter vs. Milliliter
- CCSS3.MD.A.1 Tell and write time to the nearest minute and measure time intervals in minutes. Solve word problems involving addition and subtraction of time intervals in minutes, e.g., by representing the problem on a number line diagram.
- CCSS3.MD.B.3 Draw a scaled picture graph and a scaled bar graph to represent a data set with several categories. Solve one- and two-step “how many more” and “how many less” problems using information presented in scaled bar graphs. For example, draw a bar graph in which each square in the bar graph might represent 5 pets.
- CCSS3.NBT.A.1 Use place value understanding to round whole numbers to the nearest 10 or 100.
- CCSS3.NBT.A.2 Fluently add and subtract within 1000 using strategies and algorithms based on place value, properties of operations, and/or the relationship between addition and subtraction.
- CCSS3.NF.A.1 Understand a fraction 1/𝘣 as the quantity formed by 1 part when a whole is partitioned into 𝘣 equal parts; understand a fraction 𝘢/𝑏 as the quantity formed by 𝘢 parts of size 1/𝘣.
- CCSSRL.3.1 Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers.
- CCSSRI.3.2. Determine the main idea of a text; recount the key details and explain how they support the main idea.
- CCSSRI.3.8 Describe the logical connection between particular sentences and paragraphs in a text (e.g., comparison, cause/effect, first/second/third in a sequence).
- CCSSL.3.1 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
- CCSSL.3.2 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.
Read Before Purchasing: