These engaging multiplication center activities are sure to hook your kiddos in the fall! These resources are perfect for 2nd-3rd graders or any kiddos in need of some multiplication review!
Creating Equal Groups Task Cards:
- Pick a card. Draw the correct number of equal groups on your sheet. Write the multiplication sentence to match each drawing and solve.
Multiplication Word Problems Task Cards:
- Pick a card. Write the multiplication sentence to match each word problem and solve.
Harvesting Arrays Task Cards:
- Record the number of rows and the number of items in each row. Write the repeated addition and multiplication sentence. Then, solve.
Spin & Multiply Game:
- Spin the first spinner and record the number of trees. Spin the second spinner and record the number of leaves on each tree. Write the multiplication sentence and solve.
- Match the multiplication problem with the correct apple. Record and solve.
Repeated Addition Matching Cards:
- Match the repeated addition sentence with the corresponding multiplication sentence. Record the sentences and solve.
Answer Keys & Recoding Sheets included
- CCSS3.OA.A.1: Interpret products of whole numbers, e.g., interpret 5 × 7 as the total number of objects in 5 groups of 7 objects each. For example, describe a context in which a total number of objects can be expressed as 5 × 7.
- CCSS3.OA.A.3: Use multiplication and division within 100 to solve word problems in situations involving equal groups, arrays, and measurement quantities, e.g., by using drawings and equations with a symbol for the unknown number to represent the problem.
- CCSS3.OA.B.5: Apply properties of operations as strategies to multiply and divide. Examples: If 6 × 4 = 24 is known, then 4 × 6 = 24 is also known. (Commutative property of multiplication.) 3 × 5 × 2 can be found by 3 × 5 = 15, then 15 × 2 = 30, or by 5 × 2 = 10, then 3 × 10 = 30. (Associative property of multiplication.) Knowing that 8 × 5 = 40 and 8 × 2 = 16, one can find 8 × 7 as 8 × (5 + 2) = (8 × 5) + (8 × 2) = 40 + 16 = 56. (Distributive property.)
Read Before Purchasing:
All files are DIGITAL download files in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat to access this resource. Once you purchase, you will be prompted to a page where you can download your file(s). You will also receive an email with a link to the downloadable file(s). Additionally, you can access your files at any time by visiting the ‘My Account‘ section.
Have other questions? Check out the FAQ page for questions about downloads, editable files, printing, and more!