Review the four types of sentences with your students with these interactive and engaging activities! Inside you’ll find activities on the 4 sentence types, board game, task cards, and much more! These printable ELA activities are perfect for fun literacy centers, whole-group lessons, and small group review. Dive deep into interrogative, declarative, imperative, and exclamatory sentences and help students master the punctuation associated with each type of sentence!
Individual Types of Sentences Posters (Color + B/W)
- 4 Posters- interrogative, declarative, exclamatory, and imperative sentences.
- 4 Posters- question sentence, command sentence, exclamation sentence, statement sentence
Sentence Sort Game (Color & B/W)
- Students will read each sentence card and Decide what type of sentence it is. They will place the card underneath the correct punctuation header and rewrite the sentence using correct punctuation/capitalization.
Types of Sentences Task Cards (Color & B/W)
- 20 multiple choice task cards: Students will read each sentence and decide which type of sentence it is.
Sentence Review Board Game (Color & B/W)
- 28 open-ended questions to review types of sentences. Students will decide which punctuation to add, provide their own examples of sentences, or read the sentence and decide which type it is.
- Includes board game and task cards
Interactive Notebook Printables
- Record definitions and example of each type of sentence. Includes flap books and ‘notes’ page
- Students will read the sentences written inside the popcorn pieces. They will glue the popcorn pieces inside the correct ‘Sentence Type’ container.
Cut & Paste Printable
- Read each sentence, cut, and glue inside the correct box.
Proper Punctuation Printable
- Students will write the correct punctuation mark to complete each sentence. On the line, write whether the sentence is a statement, command, exclamation, or question.
Command or Statement Printable
- Students will read each sentence and decide whether it is a command or a statement.
Sentence Match Printable
- Students will draw a line to match each sentence with the correct type of sentence.
Related to this Resource:
- CCSSL.3.2: Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.
Read Before Purchasing:
All files are DIGITAL download files in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat to access this resource. Once you purchase, you will be prompted to a page where you can download your file(s). You will also receive an email with a link to the downloadable file(s). Additionally, you can access your files at any time by visiting the ‘My Account‘ section.
Have other questions? Check out the FAQ page for questions about downloads, editable files, printing, and more!