Halloween Math Centers
Review important 2nd grade math standards and skills with these hands-on and ENGAGING Halloween math centers! These Halloween-themed math activities include 10 different math task cards targeting subtraction strategies, counting coins, number patterns and rules, data and graphing, place value, rounding, subtraction with regrouping, word problems, and more! Activities include differentiated versions to help you set up your math workshop time with ease! Looking for a fun center ideas for Halloween? These will be a class favorite during the month of October!
(Color + B&W Version of all activities!)
- Place Value Matching: Students will match the number (potion) with the correct place value blocks inside the cauldron. Includes a set with number and place value blocks matching and another set with expanded form numbers. (24 task cards each)
- Number Patterns & Rules: Students will find the missing number in each pattern. Then, they’ll determine which rule matches the pattern. Includes a set with multiple choice rules and a set with fill-in-the-blank. (24 task cards each)
- Subtraction Strategies: Students will practice the ‘Break-Apart’ subtraction strategy to find the difference for each subtraction equation. Includes a set with two digit- 1 digit numbers and a set with 2 digit-2digit. (24 task cards each)
- Word Problems: Halloween-themed addition and subtraction word problems. Students will ‘Clip’ the equation to match each word problem. A separate set requires students to clip the sum/difference. (24 task cards each)
- Subtraction Equation Puzzles: Students will solve each equation and find the matching puzzle piece with the correct difference. They will continue solving subtraction problems until the puzzle is complete. Includes a set with two digit- 1 digit numbers and a set with 2 digit-2digit. (24 task cards each)
- Graphing and Data Task Cards: Halloween themed graphing task cards. Students will analyze bar graphs, picture graphs, tally tables, and more! Includes questions where students will use the graph to answer data-related questions and also includes questions where students will select the graph that correctly represents the data. Multiple choice and open-ended sets included for differentiation. (24 task cards each)
- Subtraction with Regrouping: Students will solve each subtraction with regrouping problem. Include two sets: 2-digit subtraction and 3-digit subtraction. (24 task cards each)
- Missing Number Equations: Students will find the missing number in each addition and/or subtraction equation. Includes an addition set and a subtraction set. (24 task cards each)
- Coin Counting & Matching: Students will count the coins on each pumpkin card and match it to the correct money value. (24 task cards)
- Rounding Sort: Students will read each task card to round to the nearest ten or hundred. Then, they’ll sort the cards inside the correct bag depending on whether they round up or round down.
All Halloween Math Centers include Direction sheets, task card box covers, response sheets, B&W versions, and answer keys are included for all activities!