Second grade printable worksheets are perfect for early finishers, morning work, math and literacy center activities, homework, or review! These January winter-themed worksheets include activities targeting 2nd grade literacy, grammar, and math standards. If you’re looking for printable activities that require zero prep for teachers but are fun and engaging for students, you’re in the right place.
Verbs: Have & Has
Helping Verbs: am, is, are, have, has
Prefixes & Suffixes
Long /u/ word sort
Irregular Past-Tense Verbs
Contraction or Possessive Noun
Capitalization: Proper Nouns
Synonyms & Antonyms
Singular & Plural Nouns
/scr/ & /spr/ Beginning Trigraphs
Context Clues Story
Main idea & Details
Topic Sentence & Details
January Planning & Writing Templates
Solve & Color: 3-Digit Addition
Solve & Color:3-Digit Subtraction
Match the Money
Draw the Coins
Using Coins Word Problems
Money Problem Solving (with bills)
Match the Time
A.M. or P.M. Sort
Color the Time
Time & Money Vocabulary Match
Spin & Compare Equations
Color by Difference
Using a Ruler: Measurement in Inches
Inches or Feet Sort
Two-Step Word Problems
Writing Numbers: Expanded & Word Form
Mental Math Puzzle
100 More, 100 Less
Bar Graph Word Problem
Adding Four 2-Digit Numbers
Color the Fraction
✭ Grab the Bundle!
- CCSS2.NBT.A.1 – Understand that the three digits of a three-digit number represent amounts of hundreds, tens, and ones; e.g., 706 equals 7 hundreds, 0 tens, and 6 ones. Understand the following as special cases:
- CCSS2.NBT.A.1a – 100 can be thought of as a bundle of ten tens – called a “hundred.”
- CCSS2.NBT.A.2 – Count within 1000; skip-count by 5s, 10s, and 100s.
- CCSS2.NBT.A.3 – Read and write numbers to 1000 using base-ten numerals, number names, and expanded form.
- CCSS2.NBT.B.9 – Explain why addition and subtraction strategies work, using place value and the properties of operations.
- CCSS2.G.A.1 – Recognize and draw shapes having specified attributes, such as a given number of angles or a given number of equal faces. Identify triangles, quadrilaterals, pentagons, hexagons, and cubes.
- CCSSRF.2.3 – Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
- CCSSRF.2.3a – Distinguish long and short vowels when reading regularly spelled one-syllable words.
- CCSSRF.2.4a – Read grade-level text with purpose and understanding.
- CCSSL.2.1f – Produce, expand, and rearrange complete simple and compound sentences (e.g., The boy watched the movie; The little boy watched the movie; The action movie was watched by the little boy).
- CCSSL.2.2 – Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.
- CCSSL.2.2c – Use an apostrophe to form contractions and frequently occurring possessive.
- CCSSL.2.4 – Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases based on grade 2 reading and content, choosing flexibly from an array of strategies.
- CCSSCCRA.L.1- Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
Read Before Purchasing:
This is a digital file in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat to access the resource.
For technical issues such as downloading and opening files, please check out the Teachers Pay Teachers FAQ section.
If you have any other questions related to the resource, feel free to email me at SweetToothTeaching@gmail.com