Review important prefixes and root words with your 3rd and 4th grade students in a fun, engaging way! These colorful ‘Under the Sea’ themed task cards are perfect for literacy centers, reading workshop or a technology center! Resource includes two sets of task cards in PRINTABLE and DIGITAL (Boom Cards) version.
20 Prefix Multiple Choice ‘Find the Prefix’ Boom Card™ Set
20 Prefix Drag & Drop ‘Match the Prefix’ Boom Card™ Set
20 Printable ‘Find the Prefix’ Task Cards (Color & B/W Versions included)
20 Printable ‘Match the Prefix’ Task Cards (Color & B/W Versions Included)
Response sheets to record answers
3rd & 4th Grade Prefixes Included:
What are Boom Cards?
Boom Cards™ are digital and interactive task cards that make learning fun! They are perfect for remote learning, interactive whole-group lessons on a Smart Board, technology centers, and/or for individual at-home review. In order to use Boom Cards™, the teacher must create a FREE account on the Boom Learning™ website. Students will be able to access the decks on any device connected to a modern browser such as: Safari, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, or Edge. The digital task cards are colorful and engaging. Students are able to drag and drop, type in answers, and/or select from multiple choice options.
✓ Self-checking for students
✓ Teacher can view responses & collect data
✓ Can be used during online learning & in-person learning
✓ Perfect for technology centers
Will I be able to print the task cards as well?
This resource contains printable versions of the boom cards. These cards can be used during a physical learning setting. The sets include colored and printer-friendly (B/W) task cards.
- CCSSL.3.4a: Use sentence-level context as a clue to the meaning of a word or phrase.
- CCSSL.3.4b: Determine the meaning of the new word formed when a known affix is added to a known word (e.g., agreeable/disagreeable, comfortable/uncomfortable, care/careless, heat/preheat).
- CCSSL.3.4c: Use a known root word as a clue to the meaning of an unknown word with the same root (e.g., company, companion).
- CCSSCCRA.L.4: Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases by using context clues, analyzing meaningful word parts, and consulting general and specialized reference materials, as appropriate.
- CCSSCCRA.L.6: Acquire and use accurately a range of general academic and domain-specific words and phrases sufficient for reading, writing, speaking, and listening at the college and career readiness level; demonstrate independence in gathering vocabulary knowledge when encountering an unknown term important to comprehension or expression.
Read Before Purchasing:
All files are DIGITAL download files in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat to access this resource. Once you purchase, you will be prompted to a page where you can download your file(s). You will also receive an email with a link to the downloadable file(s). Additionally, you can access your files at any time by visiting the ‘My Account‘ section.
Have other questions? Check out the FAQ page for questions about downloads, editable files, printing, and more!