Are your students struggling with understanding root words? These root word task cards focus on understanding words as they are used in context. Students will use context clues, root words and known affixes to find the meanings of new words. Spice up your literacy centers or have students scoot around the room with these fun football-themed root word task cards!
I designed this resource to help my students review root word style questions during Super Bowl season. They can also be used during a fun football-themed classroom transformation!
Response sheets and answer keys are included!
18 Root Word Colored Task Cards- Includes ‘select all’ response styles
18 Root Word B&W Task Cards- Includes ‘select all’ response styles
DIGITAL VERSION ALSO INCLUDED!
+ Teaching virtually? Hybrid? No problem!– I’ve included a Google Forms version of this resource which allows students to self-check their responses. Also provides easy grading//feedback for teachers.
+When you download the DIGITAL RESOURCE, you’ll find:
Teacher Directions- (extremely easy and requires no prep!)
- Step by Step instructions on how to download and make a copy of a Google Form.
- Step by Step instructions on how to assign Google Form assignments to your students.
- Step by Step instructions on how to view student responses on Google Form assignments
Access to the following Google Form Self-Grading Quiz:
- Root Word Task Cards #1-18
- CCSSL.3.4: Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases based on grade 3 reading and content, choosing flexibly from a range of strategies.
- CCSSL.3.4a: Use sentence-level context as a clue to the meaning of a word or phrase.
- CCSSL.3.4b: Determine the meaning of the new word formed when a known affix is added to a known word (e.g., agreeable/disagreeable, comfortable/uncomfortable, care/careless, heat/preheat).
- CCSSL.3.4c: Use a known root word as a clue to the meaning of an unknown word with the same root (e.g., company, companion).
- CCSSCCRA.L.4: Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases by using context clues, analyzing meaningful word parts, and consulting general and specialized reference materials, as appropriate.
Read Before Purchasing:
All files are DIGITAL download files in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat to access this resource. Once you purchase, you will be prompted to a page where you can download your file(s). You will also receive an email with a link to the downloadable file(s). Additionally, you can access your files at any time by visiting the ‘My Account‘ section.
Have other questions? Check out the FAQ page for questions about downloads, editable files, printing, and more!