Second grade printable worksheets are perfect for early finishers, morning work, math and literacy center activities, homework, or review! These September, fall-themed worksheets include activities targeting 2nd grade literacy, grammar, and math standards. If you’re looking for printable activities that require zero prep for teachers but are fun and engaging for students, you’re in the right place.
Blends ‘tr’, tw’, ‘dw’
Magic E – CVCe
Identify the Subject
Identify the Predicate
Topic Sentence & Details
Apostrophes in Contractions
Writing Prompt Planning Sheet
Writing Prompt: “I Love September because…”
Add & Subtract 2-digit numbers
Two-Step Word Problems
Using a Number Line to Add/Subtract
Find the Error
Make a Ten
Place Value Riddles
Making Groups of Tens
Subtraction: No Regrouping
Addition: No Regrouping
Groups of Ten
Create a Bar Graph
Create an Equation
Word Problems: No regrouping
Value of Underlined digit / Base Ten Matching
Draw the Coins
Odd or Even?
Match the Time
Make A New 10
Adding Four Numbers
Match the Coins
Spin & Write the Number
✭ Grab the Bundle!
- CCSS2.NBT.A.1 – Understand that the three digits of a three-digit number represent amounts of hundreds, tens, and ones; e.g., 706 equals 7 hundreds, 0 tens, and 6 ones. Understand the following as special cases:
- CCSS2.NBT.A.1a – 100 can be thought of as a bundle of ten tens – called a “hundred.”
- CCSS2.NBT.A.2 – Count within 1000; skip-count by 5s, 10s, and 100s.
- CCSS2.NBT.A.3 – Read and write numbers to 1000 using base-ten numerals, number names, and expanded form.
- CCSS2.NBT.B.9 – Explain why addition and subtraction strategies work, using place value and the properties of operations.
- CCSS2.G.A.1 – Recognize and draw shapes having specified attributes, such as a given number of angles or a given number of equal faces. Identify triangles, quadrilaterals, pentagons, hexagons, and cubes.
- CCSSRF.2.3 – Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
- CCSSRF.2.3a – Distinguish long and short vowels when reading regularly spelled one-syllable words.
- CCSSRF.2.4a – Read grade-level text with purpose and understanding.
- CCSSL.2.1f – Produce, expand, and rearrange complete simple and compound sentences (e.g., The boy watched the movie; The little boy watched the movie; The action movie was watched by the little boy).
- CCSSL.2.2 – Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.
- CCSSL.2.2c – Use an apostrophe to form contractions and frequently occurring possessive.
- CCSSL.2.4 – Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases based on grade 2 reading and content, choosing flexibly from an array of strategies.
- CCSSCCRA.L.1 – Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
Read Before Purchasing:
This is a digital file in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat to access the resource.
For technical issues such as downloading and opening files, please check out the Teachers Pay Teachers FAQ section.
If you have any other questions related to the resource, feel free to email me at SweetToothTeaching@gmail.com